Our mission is to create technology that advances sexual health and wellbeing in the United States.
We believe that every person in the United States has a right to easily access the sexual health and wellbeing education, services, and support they want, regardless of race, income, age, gender, sex, sexual orientation, language, or geographic origin.
Every year, sexual health and wellbeing issues impact millions of Americans. These issues include sexually transmitted infections, sexual assault, lack of sexual pleasure, negative self-conception, and unintended pregnancy. Sexual health and wellbeing issues especially affect populations with less political power and financial resources, such as youth, racial and gender minorities, women, and GLBTQ communities. Their lack of influence, combined with the stigmatization of sexual health topics, makes it hard for them to access high-quality sexual health education, services, and support. Technology has enormous potential to provide this access conveniently and at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions, empowering those most in need to take informed action.
What We Do
- Create original websites, apps, and software systems that will advance sexual health and wellbeing
- Collaborate with other entities to create, improve, or maintain their sexual health technologies
- Connect the domains of sexual health, technology, design, and media
Domains of Sexual Health and Wellbeing
- Sexually transmitted infection prevention, control, and mitigation
- Family planning (including unintended pregnancy prevention, access to abortion, and early linkage to prenatal care)
- Sexual assault and abuse prevention and mitigation, and the promotion of consent culture
- Sexual pleasure (alone, while abstinent, with partners, and with difficulties or disability)
- Positive image of oneself as a sexual being (free of internal or external stigma or shame)